Skip to main content

Show HN: Meatshields – An in-browser turn-based strategy game http://ift.tt/2s2VzLH

Show HN: Meatshields – An in-browser turn-based strategy game A few months ago (82 days to be exact!) I posted a link on HN to my game, Meatshields. A bunch of you commented and played my game and gave me some wonderful feedback. Over the last few months I've been playing with many of you and implementing the best of everybody's suggestions. So, thank you, HN for all your help! I feel this is an extreme overhaul I couldn't have done without your input. Since then, I have: Dramatically improved our hosting platform (So it HOPEFULLY won't go down this time (oops.)), Added two new units, Rebalanced all existing units, Added many more maps, Improved the AI's threat-weighing algorithm, Completely redid the tutorial system, Added some real basic (and I mean BASIC) "animations", Redid the in-game UI (several times), And most importantly, HUNDREDS OF BUG FIXES. For everybody who didn't see the original thread, Meatshields is a free, online, turn-based strategy game I made that is heavily inspired by Advance Wars. Those games took a very long time to complete in-person so I wanted to build a similar game online where players had many games going on at the same time and would log on once or twice a day to take their turns. If anybody has any suggestions or bugs they encounter, please feel free to post them here. Otherwise, I hope everybody likes the game, and thanks again for the help! http://ift.tt/2sNMqUg June 24, 2017 at 10:55PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog